So I’ve been working on my “personal knowledge base” for a long time.
OrgNote was previously named TreePim. Then it was named DigiPim.
Then it was named OrgNote. It was briefly named KnowledgePaper, and then VanilaFolder.
… it’s back to OrgNote.
I might never finish OrgNote. I don’t know. But I can’t help but to build and dream of this…
Perfect Knowledge Base.
My ideal personal knowledge base would consist of:
1. Journaling – gotta have ability to chronicle your thoughts.
2. Nested Notes – You should be able to organize your notes into knowledge.
4. Encryption – Ideal, but hey with all the NSA spying, can anything really be secured?
5. Versioning – it’ll be sweet if you can turn back time. Reply your notes, edits & organizations…
6. Backed up – needless to say, you want it securely backed-up.
7. Easily Accessible – should have a web version. Mobile Apps. etc.
8. Unlimited Notes
You should be able to enter notes easily too. Maybe a bookmarklet? Evernote integration?
It should be beautifully designed as well.